Mary B. Wright
Dr. Felicia Scott-Strickland
Another successful Southeastern Regional Leadership
Conference because of you, you and you!
YOU are the:
- Regional Executive Planning Team: Regional Exec Board, Host Chapter Basilei & Special Invited Team members
- This is the team that met weekly for hours to ensure we covered all items in our planning. Late night calls, texts at all hours of day and night, quick and honest feedback.
- Once again, the Registration Team was ready to handle whatever came up with smiles and helping spirits.
- Soror Fran McTier and Soror Jessica Elmore were our behind the scenes point persons that stayed in contact with the hotel as things were needed while I was on the dais. Sorors Arvella Robinson and Terri Key were our Marshalls stayed in the midst and were available at all times for sorors that had questions and concerns.
- Sorors Ashford, Blount, Gardner and Samuel-Miller…our State Directors, were there front and center to answer questions and support the process and ensure business was handled.
- Host Chapters & Auxiliaries
- WOW…Eta Theta Zeta Chapter (Augusta) and Tau Omicron Zeta (Hephzibah) were fabulous! The Chapter Basilei (Soror Arvella Robinson and Soror Terri Key) were on point from start to finish…and I do mean this because Soror Key picked up and delivered the more than 105 school bags that were collected for the Diamond Lake Elementary School and both chapters engineered the pickup and return to the airport of our IGB and her husband…in a WHITE LIMO!
- They looked great from the beginning. Did you notice their attire at the opening program? The conference “look” or theme for the weekend was blue roses/baby blue carnations. The host chapters wore black suits with blue roses. They kicked off the weekend in grand style! Whoohoo!
- Host State Director and Host State Volunteers
- Soror Shaneesa Ashford and Soror Kathryn Williams were on point with scheduling escorts and volunteers for the conference. Dignitaries with escorts each bragged about how well they were cared for and the little touches that were remembered. You made us look good. Thank you ladies.
- All volunteers…GA, SC, FL and VI that pitched in and lent a hand…thank you.
- Visiting Dignitaries and Guests
- Bro. James Wright, “1st husband” of our sorority ;-) attended with our IGB. I was very pleased that we were able to include him in the golf excursion (he had time for a full 18 holes and seemed to enjoy it).
- Did you notice we had five of the current Regional Directors (that count includes me) at our conference! That was a compliment that we had so many to attend. Maybe we can get all 8 next year…I hope, I hope!
- Sorors running for national office were in attendance and were given time during the Plenary II session to answer a question and speak to the group. The SE Region also extended protocol amenities to all visiting national elected officers that were registered and attending the conference.
- We also had a visiting Amicae from the South Central Region. We need more of this. Visiting Amicae. Thank you for coming and sharing in our conference.
- We had a visiting State Director (Soror Shanell L. Robinson – New York SD. I sincerely apologize for not announcing your presence during the weekend. Please plan for next year and I will make up for this faux pas.
- Local dignitaries and guests
- What can I say… written greetings from a State Senator and verbal greetings from representatives from the Augusta Mayor’s office, School Superintendent, Augusta NAACP, NPHC members from Augusta, GA and Columbia, SC and special mention from our brothers of Phi Beta Sigma who came out in full force with Regional, State and local representatives.
- Workshop/Education presenters
- Protocol Workshops: The ladies listed below worked together with me to develop/plan and present the three protocol workshops that kicked off the conference weekend. Sorors Collins, Pope and Hull were not able to attend but I want to share the fact that their assistance was invaluable in planning the material that was presented.
- Soror Sheryl Collins – National Director of Protocol
- Soror Kimberly C. Pope – National Co-Director of Protocol
- Soror Donnie Faye Hull – National Director of Amicae Affairs
- Soror Kimberly Smith Higgins – SE Region Protocol Coordinator
- Soror Linda Murray – SE Region Amicae Coordinator
- Financial Workshop: These sorors started from scratch and built workshops that will be available and sent to chapters in the future. Also, this information will also be used in planning our Regional storage of archives and other key financial reminders that will go to chapters.
- Soror Vicki Pearson (Kappa Iota Zeta)
- Soror Marian V. Barnwell (Eastern Region Tamias)
- Going Paperless by 2014: These ladies put together a very useful workshop and handout that will be shared again during the State Conferences. Also, you will receive little reminders and helpful hints during the sorority year to get ready for our future paperless process. Thank you for helping all to understand what it means to “go green”.
- Soror Rebecca Johnson (Sigma Mu Zeta)
- Amica Ayonna Stewart (Zeta Amicae of Atlanta)
- Z-HOPE: Adopt a School, Elder Care & UG Signature Program workshops
Thank you to these ladies and others that participated in the three Z-HOPE workshops during the conference including one specifically for our UG to share hints on how to implement Z-HOPE projects and report their information. Remember…reporting is so important!
- Soror Robbie Everett (Regional Z-HOPE Coordinator)
- Soror Arvaughnna Postema (Regional UG Member-At-Large)
- Future Mandatory Training: These ladies helped me to present information on the minimum requirements for advisors and sponsors and what is coming in the form of training to prepare for next year.
- Soror A. Renee Goodwin (National Youth Director)
- Soror Linda Murray (Regional Amicae Coordinator)
- Stork’s Nest
- Soror Joanne McDougal Patterson (National Stork’s Nest Co-Coordinator)
- Soror Mahogany Graham (Regional Stork’s Nest Coordinator)
- Ready, Set, JOB!
This team developed a tool to use to give constructive feedback to Sorors and Amicae that submitted resumes. They also provided mock interviews for ladies that were interested. Thank you for your time and for putting your professional experiences to use for Zeta.
- Resume Reviews & Mock Interviews
- Soror Kimberly Smith Higgins
- Soror Shaniqua Caldwell
- Soror Ulanda Barkley
- Soror Gina Smith
- Soror Marion Gary
- Soror Sequana Blondell
- Soror Joan Valentine
- Soror Joanne H. Lottie
- Soror K. I. Melissa Amey
- Soror Ophelia Sanders
- Soror Kellie Kent
- Soror Antoinette Cummings
- Kelly Services
- HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Grifols, Inc.
- Soror Kymbrelli A. Coker (and her husband) and the combined Zeta and Amicae Choir. I especially thank the ladies for practicing Thursday night and missing the TV show “Scandal”.
- Amica Euphemia Ferguson and the Zeta Amicae Choir.
- Terrance Williams of “DJiAM” for the live music on Thursday and DJ services on Friday night for the stroll/legacy event.
- Conference Hotel employees
- Rosetta Ephraim (Senior Sales Manager), Haley Miller (Convention Services Manager) and the entire Augusta Marriott at the Convention Center team were polite and professional throughout the entire weekend.
- Local Businesses
- Café 209 (owners: Brinson family) opened their restaurant just for the Regional Executive Board post conference dinner. The food was great and the fellowship was wonderful.
- Designs by Georgia provided the corsages and boutonnières for the conference.
- The breakfast, golf lessons and golf time for the golf excursion was held at the River Golf Club.
- DJiAM was our photographer for the weekend.
- Vendors and Gifts
- Please accept my thanks for sharing your supplies and wares at the conference.
- Conference Registrants
- My Sorors and Zeta Amicae, you blessed me with your presence and I thank you for registering and attending. I applaud you for taking the information back to your chapters and auxiliary to help all in Zeta grow.
There is always a risk of leaving someone off a list of thank yous and I pray this has not happened. The conference weekend was wonderful and all combined made it happen. THANK YOU to all that planned and participated.
Southeastern Regional Director